Thinking of serving up some cake for the Christmas season? Family and friends will be wide-eyed with the look of this delicious peppermint cake.
How To Make Candy Cane Cake
Have a festive celebration with this candy cane cake recipe. Light and moist cake frosted with white icing and topped off with sweet candy canes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour the baking pan.
- Make cake batter as directed on box in a large mixing bowl. Pour about 2 cups of mixture into the baking pan.
- To make the pink batter, pour ¾ cup of batter into a small bowl; stir in a few drops of red food coloring and peppermint extract.
- Pour the remaining white batter in mixing bowl over pink batter. This is to create a thin layer of coloring at the center of the cake when you slice through.
- Bake cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate; remove pan. Cool cake completely, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix icing ingredients. If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread icing over cake. Sprinkle top with crushed candy and store in fridge, loosely covered
- Sugar: 28g
- Calcium: 96mg
- Calories: 201kcal
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 27mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 299mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pan-Fry & Skillet
A simple recipe to add some texture to your delicate layered cake with caramelized sugar candy bars. A balance of moist cake with browned butter frosting topped with burnt sugar candy chunks.