Try this twist on the classic Hanukkah favorite for a different taste and happy family. Who knows, you might trade in your usual pancakes for this savory yet sweet potato pancake.
How To Make Sweet Potato Latkes
- 6 cup sweet potatoes peeled and finely shredded
- 2 cup zucchini finely shredded
- 1 cup onions finely shredded
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp no- salt herb blend
- 1 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- 6 tsp canola oil divided
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, lemon juice, herb blend, egg, flour and parsley.
- In a large no-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat, warm 2 tsp. of the oil.
- Drop a tablespoon of the batter into the pan and spread it with a spatula to form a thin pancake.
- Add more batter to fill the pan without crowding the latkes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat, adding the remaining 4 tsp. oil as needed, until all the batter has been used.