This whole wheat crescent roll recipe is made a lot healthier with whole-wheat flour and less sugar and butter. Now you can enjoy your breakfast without feeling too guilty!
How To Make Whole Wheat Crescent Roll
1 hr 45 mins
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 ¼ tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg beaten at room temperature
- Slowly mix flour with honey, butter and yeast. Add water, milk and egg.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping down the bowl frequently. Place dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Knead about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy. Place the dough in a large bowl greased with butter, turning the dough to grease all sides.
- Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour. Place dough on greased cookie sheets.
- Push your fist into the dough to deflate it. Cut dough in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle on a floured surface. Spread with softened butter.
- Cut each circle into 16 wedges and roll each wedge. Place the rolls on cookie sheets and shape them into a slight curve. Brush with butter.
- Preheat oven at 375°F. Cover rolls loosely with plastic wrap and let them rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the oven or until golden brown. Serve once cooled.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg