These salted, filling pretzels can be found all over New York City. With this pretzel recipe, you can make your own fresh salted pretzels and enjoy them at home!
How To Make New York Salted Pretzels
- Combine, water, sugar and kosher salt in bowl, then sprinkle the yeast on top.
- After 5 minutes or when mixture starts to foam, Add flour and butter and mix heavily until combined into dough.
- Knead until dough is smooth, elastic, and pulls away from bowl.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, clean the bowl and then oil with vegetable oil.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover and sit in a warm place for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450º, line 2 pans with parchment paper and then brush with vegetable oil.
- Boil 10 cups of water and the baking soda in a large saucepan.
- Dump dough out onto a slightly oiled work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each pieces into a 2 foot rope.
- Form into pretzel shapes and place on the pans.
- Gently put pretzels into the boiling water, boiling each one individually for 30 seconds
- Remove each with a large spatula, return to the pans, and brush with egg wash.
- Salt and Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove, cool on rack, then serve.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 21mg
- Calories: 281kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 73mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 2671mg
- Vitamin A: 166IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!