Splurge on yourself with a movie night at home and create your very own slow caramelized popcorn!
How To Make Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter (sweet cream salted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Salt each cup of popcorn and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of butter in a medium saucepan and melt it over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar into the saucepan and stir until thoroughly mixed. Keep stirring and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once it boils, let the mixture cook for 5 minutes without stirring. Add in the 2 tsp. of vanilla at the 4-minute mark and stir.
- Continue to boil the mixture for one minute and then add in the ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Drizzle ¾ of the overall mixture over the popcorn. Use a spoon to gently fold the popcorn with the mixture until the kernels are all covered.
- Pour the remaining popcorn onto a cookie sheet as well as the remaining mixture. Cover the sheet with aluminum foil and let the popcorn cool. When finished, serve.