We’ve been making these wonderful nibbles for a long time and we never get bored. These spiced nuts are perfect for the holidays and can be made easily in a crock pot!
How To Make Spiced Nuts
- 1 lb. pecans or walnuts, cashews or your favorite nuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat crock pot on high for 15 minutes.
- In preheated crock pot, stir the nuts and butter until mixed well. Add the powdered sugar, stirring to coat evenly.
- Cover and slow-cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and slow cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze (about 2 hours).
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl. In another small bowl, combine the spices and sift them over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly. Let cool before serving.
Commonly Asked Questions
What else can I add to these Spiced Nuts?
We find that a teaspoon of chilli powder gives these spiced nuts an unexpected, but completely delicious bit of heat. Chilli and sugar go better together than one might originally think.