The secret ingredient of this beer marinated hot dogs recipe is the marinade itself. The beer not only adds a unique flavor to the meat but it also tenderizes the meat very nicely.
How To Make Beer Marinated Hot Dogs
This beer marinated hot dogs recipe is so simple but just as rich in flavor. Pile on your favorite toppings for a classic cookout snack.
- 8 beef franks, roughly 1½ lb total, or your preferred hot dogs or sausages
- 1½ lb sauerkraut, including its liquid
- 12 oz beer, of choice, (4 bottles)
- 4½ tbsp grain mustard
- 1½ tbsp taco seasoning, or any dried combination of spices that are spicy
- 4 bay leaves
- salt and ground black pepper, to season
- hot dog buns, or mashed potatoes
- condiments, combination of your choice
Combine the sauerkraut, beer, mustard, taco seasoning, and bay leaves in a soup pot. Bring this to a boil.
Add the hot dogs, then season generously with salt and pepper. Bring this to a simmer, and continue simmering on low heat for 15 minutes. Turn the hot dogs occasionally.
Drain the hot dogs from the braising liquid, then serve alongside mashed potatoes or assemble them into hot dog sandwiches.
You can also drain some of the sauerkraut from the braising liquid then serve it alongside your condiments
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 74mg
- Calories: 377kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Fat: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 453mg
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 2317mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 137IU
- Vitamin C: 26mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!