What do you get when you combine carrots and lentils? You get a delicious and nutritious dip that’s healthy in every bite. Yummy!
How To Make Carrot and Lentil Dip
You can dunk anything into this carrot and lentil dip recipe. Healthy carrot and lentils mixed with lively spices like cumin and cilantro for a fresh and savory dip.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together carrots, onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and bake for 45 minutes, until carrots are just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes, until just tender. Let sit in water for 10 minutes, then drain well using a strainer.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F and cook for 10 more minutes, until the carrots are golden brown. Remove mixture from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the carrot mixture to food processor and process until chunky.
- Add lentils to carrot mixture and process until well combined. Transfer to serving bowl; stir in remaining oil and cilantro.
- Serve with toasted flat bread if preferred.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 34mg
- Calories: 199kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 362mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 315mg
- Vitamin A: 5095IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!