How To Make Greek Fish Tacos
These fish tacos are a wonderful combination of flavor and texture, with cabbage, tomatoes, olives, topped with Feta and tzatziki for the Greek finish.
- 1lbfirm white fish,such as mahi mahi, cod, tilapia, red snapper or catfish
- salt and pepper
- 1tbspolive oil
- 8smallsoft flour or corn tortillas
- 2cupsred or green cabbage,shredded
- 1cupcherry or grape tomatoes,thinly sliced
- 1cupKalamata olives,halved
- 1cucumber,seeded and diced
- ½cupcrumbled feta cheese
- tzatziki sauce,for topping
Season both sides of the fish with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side, until the fish is cooked through and opaque and flakes easily. The cooking time will depend on the size/thickness of the fish.
Remove from heat and transfer fish to a separate plate. Use two forks to flake the fish into bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the tacos by layering the following on flour tortillas: cabbage, fish, tomatoes, olives, and cucumber. Then top with feta and tzatziki to taste.
Serve warm, with lemon wedges for a squeeze of juice.
Check out this Quick Tzatziki Recipe to learn how to make it.
- Calories: 182.32kcal
- Fat: 7.25g
- Saturated Fat: 2.35g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.45g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.97g
- Carbohydrates: 16.02g
- Fiber: 3.20g
- Sugar: 2.51g
- Protein: 15.01g
- Cholesterol: 36.69mg
- Sodium: 443.89mg
- Calcium: 105.88mg
- Potassium: 375.65mg
- Iron: 1.56mg
- Vitamin A: 27.41µg
- Vitamin C: 12.35mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!