On days when you don’t feel like cooking but want to feel stuffed, nothing can go wrong with pizza. But sometimes the pizza menu from restaurants can be a bit limiting. This is the reason why Elise and Rick Wetzel developed Blaze Pizza in 2011.
Blaze Pizza specializes in made-to-order pizza that is then cooked in a high-temperature open oven. The results produce a thin, crispy crust and a flavorful personalized pizza.
If you want this experience at home, then you have come to the right place. Try out this recipe and bite into the crunchy goodness that feels and tastes just like the original.
How To Make Crispy Blaze Pizza Copycat Build-Your-Own Pizza
Craving for pizza but hates the usual menu? Blaze Pizza specializes in custom pizza. Try this recipe for your homemade Blaze Pizza experience.
- In a bowl, mix the yeast and water for about 5 minutes.
- In a different large bowl combine the flour, salt, and shortening. Combine the yeast mixture and knead for 5 minutes, the mixture should become smooth.
- Set aside in a warm place for around 1 hour with cling wrap.
- Make a round shape out of the dough cover with cling wrap. Let it rest again for 20 minutes.
- After it rises, put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Begin with spreading the red sauce evenly, then adding the mushroom, olives, chopped tomatoes, basil, and olive oil drizzle.
- Top it off with the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Once it is ready, garnish with basil.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 221mg
- Calories: 414kcal
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 335mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 742mg
- Vitamin A: 727IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can This Pizza Have Cauliflower Crust?
Yes, you can customize this recipe by using cauliflower rice and other proteins to make it keto-friendly. The most commonly used ingredients are brown rice, flaxseed, eggs, casein and whey protein, and yeast.
ConclusionAside from the ingredients mentioned above, you can add all the meats and vegetables you like. Do some mixing and matching as well as experimenting with spices and herbs. After all, the fun part is to make the pizza more personal.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!