This homemade potato soup is a nice pick me up on a cold day. Try with thick slices of bread and butter.
How To Make Cheesy Potato Soup
An incredible recipe for cheesy potato soup for you and your family to enjoy! Smooth and creamy, thanks to the inclusion of milk and butter, this sure is one savory soup dish that can satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
- Start by boiling 4 cups of water, add in potatoes and cook until tender.
Reserve 1 cup of the liquid, and drain potatoes.
- Return potatoes to pot and add butter.
- Start mashing potatoes and butter together, adding milk as needed to get a chunky mashed potato consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, and broth, mix well.
- Bring to a boil, adding reserved potato water to bring to desired consistency.
- Once soup is boiling, add in American cheese slices, and stir well.
- Calcium: 286mg
- Calories: 293kcal
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 620mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 878mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 755IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!