How To Make Pesto Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad
This chicken avocado salad is unique in that its pesto dressing also works as a marinade. Salads will never be boring with this recipe.
- ⅓cupolive oil
- 2tbspbasil pestohomemade or store bought
- 2tbsplemon juiceadjust to your tastes
- 2tbspwateroptional, for a thinner consistency
- cracked pepperto taste
- 4chicken thigh filletsor chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- 4cupsRomaineor Cos lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1cupgrape tomatoesor cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½red onionsliced
- lemon wedgesto serve
- 2tbsppestoto serve
- 2tbspfresh chopped basilor parsley, to garnish
Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a large jug.
Pour out half of the dressing into a large, shallow dish.
Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as a dressing later.
Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl.
Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours if time allows).
While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix them in a large salad bowl.
Once the chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat.
Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad.
Drizzle salad with the remaining dressing.
Serve with lemon wedges, extra basil pesto, and chopped basil or parsley, to garnish.
- Calories: 815.39kcal
- Fat: 67.19g
- Saturated Fat: 15.90g
- Trans Fat: 0.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 32.36g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.78g
- Carbohydrates: 16.96g
- Fiber: 6.46g
- Sugar: 5.12g
- Protein: 38.42g
- Cholesterol: 207.16mg
- Sodium: 1092.70mg
- Calcium: 190.49mg
- Potassium: 1049.73mg
- Iron: 3.32mg
- Vitamin A: 302.38µg
- Vitamin C: 23.50mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!