Marmouma (Tunisian Fried Pepper Salad) Recipe
Recently been craving for salad but often dread the tasteless flavor some might have? Give it a bit of a kick and add in a few bell peppers for flavor. For some variation on our pepper salad recipe, try a pinch of caraway seed or hot red pepper.
How To Make Marmouma (Tunisian Fried Pepper Salad)
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the stems and seeds, them cut them into 3/4-inch (2-cm) pieces.
- Fry them in the oil on very low heat, turning them over until they are soft.
- Add the garlic and cook till the peppers are slightly browned.
- Then add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar and simmer, uncovered, for about 25 minutes, until the tomatoes are reduced to a thick, jammy consistency.
- Serve on slices of bread accompanied by lemon wedges.
- Calcium: 16mg
- Calories: 109kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 346mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Sugar: 6g
- Vitamin A: 2571IU
- Vitamin C: 95mg