How To Make Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad
Make your family dinners exciting with a healthy bean salad bursting with Mediterranean flavors and fresh herbs. It is gluten-free and absolutely healthy.
For the salad:
- 15ozred kidney beansrinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked kidney beans
- 15ozchickpeasrinsed and drained, or 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1red onionsmall, diced
- 2stalkscelerysliced in half or thirds lengthwise and chopped
- 1cucumbermedium, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¾cupfresh parsleychopped
- 2tbspfresh dillchopped, or mint
For the dressing:
- ¼cupolive oil
- ¼cuplemon juice
- 3clovesgarlicpressed or minced
- red pepper flakes
In a serving bowl, combine the prepared kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, celery, cucumber, parsley, and dill or mint.
To make the lemon dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes until emulsified. Pour dressing over the bean and vegetable mixture and toss thoroughly.
Serve immediately for the most flavor, or let it marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for a couple of hours or longer.
Leftovers should keep well, covered and refrigerated, for several days. If necessary, wake up leftovers with a little sprinkle of salt or drizzle of lemon juice.
- Calories: 611.55kcal
- Fat: 14.22g
- Saturated Fat: 1.83g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.63g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.34g
- Carbohydrates: 93.90g
- Fiber: 20.55g
- Sugar: 11.31g
- Protein: 31.48g
- Sodium: 333.55mg
- Calcium: 131.71mg
- Potassium: 1670.43mg
- Iron: 8.57mg
- Vitamin A: 39.86µg
- Vitamin C: 23.92mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!