How To Make Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Tossed with bell pepper, tomato, and carrot, this spinach salad is served with lemon-marinated chicken, then drizzled with white balsamic vinaigrette.
- 12ozchicken breasts,boneless skinless
- 7ozbaby spinach,(1 bag)
- red onion,few thin slices
- ½sweet red bell pepper,sliced into strips
- 1½cupsgrape tomato,sliced in half
- 1carrot,sliced into ribbons
- 2tbsplemon juice,fresh squeezed
- 1tspdried oregano
- Kosher salt,to taste
- fresh ground black pepper,to taste
For White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ¼cupbasil leaves
- 3tbspwhite balsamic vinegar
- 2tbspextra virgin olive oil
- pinchsalt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the marinade ingredients: lemon juice, oregano, garlic puree, salt, and black pepper, and pour over chicken. Let it marinate in the refrigerator a minimum of 2 hours, but preferably 4-6 hours or longer.
Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high. Make sure the grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
When the grill is hot, lay the chicken on the grill.
Cook the chicken until well-browned on both sides and firm, but not hard to the touch. Transfer to a plate when done.
Divide spinach, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and peppers on 4 plates.
Top with the chicken and drizzle with balsamic dressing over each.
- Calories: 261.96kcal
- Fat: 15.12g
- Saturated Fat: 3.29g
- Trans Fat: 0.09g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8.22g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.57g
- Carbohydrates: 11.59g
- Fiber: 3.35g
- Sugar: 5.69g
- Protein: 20.51g
- Cholesterol: 54.43mg
- Sodium: 626.81mg
- Calcium: 92.19mg
- Potassium: 769.57mg
- Iron: 2.76mg
- Vitamin A: 435.95µg
- Vitamin C: 46.67mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!