How To Make Roasted Beets And Carrots
Enjoy a simple and easy side dish with these roasted beets and carrots! They're tossed in balsamic vinegar for an extra layer of flavor.
- 3 medium beets
- 5 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar, (sugar in the raw) divided
Peel carrots and cut diagonally into 1 to 2-inch thick wedges.
Place in a large bowl and toss with ¼ cup each of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
Peel beets, slice into cubes approximately 1 to 2-inch square.
- Spray baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix carrots one more time, then empty gently into half of baking pan.
- Move beets to bowl, toss gently with remaining oil, vinegar, salt and sugar.
Let stand 2 to 3 minutes, then toss one more time before transferring to the other half of the baking pan.
Bake 375 to 400 degrees F for 1 hour, uncovered, tossing each vegetable separately once during cooking.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!