This quesadillas recipe has sweet peaches that complement the savory-salty mix of chicken & cheese. The best part is you can have this done in 15 minutes.
- 1tbsphoney,or agave nectar
- 2tspfresh lime juice
- 1cupreduced-fat sour cream
- 4flour tortillas,(8 inches)
- 2cupsMonterey Jack cheese,shredded
- 2cupsrotisserie chicken breast,shredded skinless, boneless
- 2cupsripe peaches,thinly-sliced
- ½cupfresh cilantro,loosely-packed chopped
- 2tbspjalapeno,finely-chopped, optional
Combine honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir sour cream into honey mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
Place tortillas flat on a work surface. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each tortilla with ½ cup chicken, ½ cup peaches, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and ½ tablespoon chopped jalapenos. Gently fold tortillas in half.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
Place 2 quesadillas in the pan, and top quesadillas with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Cook 1½ minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned (leave cast-iron skillet on quesadillas as they cook).
Remove quesadillas from pan; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat the procedure with the remaining quesadillas.
Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sauce.
- Calories: 738.05kcal
- Fat: 42.47g
- Saturated Fat: 21.21g
- Trans Fat: 0.13g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14.37g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.22g
- Carbohydrates: 40.76g
- Fiber: 2.49g
- Sugar: 12.75g
- Protein: 48.46g
- Cholesterol: 151.19mg
- Sodium: 872.29mg
- Calcium: 672.71mg
- Potassium: 657.98mg
- Iron: 3.23mg
- Vitamin A: 246.86µg
- Vitamin C: 10.27mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!