How To Make Pressure Cooker Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These chicken lettuce wraps have a savory and well-seasoned chicken-veggie filling whipped up in the pressure cooker, for tender and full meal!
For Cooking Liquid:
- 2tbspsoy sauce
- 2tbsprice wine
- 1tbspoyster sauce
- 2tbspneutral cooking oil,such as avocado oil
- ½small red onion,or 2 shallots, diced
- 2garlic cloves,minced
- 1fresh ginger,(1-inch), peeled, minced
- 2medium zucchini,diced small
- 1lbground chicken,or turkey
- 8ozwater chestnuts,(1 can), sliced, drained, chopped
- 8whole butter lettuce leaves
- 2green onions,sliced thinly
- ¼cupunsalted peanuts,roasted, chopped coarsely
Combine the soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce, and water for sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Select the “Sauté” function on the electric pressure cooker and heat the oil. Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger for about 2 minutes, just long enough to take the raw bite out of the garlic.
Add the zucchini, ground meat, water chestnuts, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the liquid and seal the pot. Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, and water. Quickly close the pot and lock the lid into position.
“Cancel” the “Sauté” program on the pressure cooker, then select the “Manual” setting and set the cooking time to 10 minutes at High pressure. Make sure the pressure release valve is set to “Sealing.”
When the cooking program has ended, either perform a quick release by moving the pressure release valve to “Venting”, or just letting the pressure release on its own.
To serve, use a slotted spoon scoop out some of the chicken mixture, and place into the lettuce cups.
Top each cup with some of the green onions, chopped peanuts, and cilantro.
Serve right away, and enjoy!
- Ground pork will also work in place of the ground chicken, or chopped mushrooms (about 8 ounces) in place of the zucchini.
- If making this recipe in a larger (8-quart) pressure cooker, either double the whole recipe or add another ½ cup of water, which can be boiled or strained off at the end.
- If using a stovetop pressure cooker, reduce the pressure cooking time to 8 minutes.
- Calories: 385.61kcal
- Fat: 21.28g
- Saturated Fat: 3.84g
- Trans Fat: 0.10g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.81g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.28g
- Carbohydrates: 24.21g
- Fiber: 4.38g
- Sugar: 6.56g
- Protein: 25.64g
- Cholesterol: 97.52mg
- Sodium: 845.45mg
- Calcium: 59.49mg
- Potassium: 1418.22mg
- Iron: 2.28mg
- Vitamin A: 36.89µg
- Vitamin C: 24.00mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!