If you are looking for a quick and easy Italian recipe to prepare, then you just need to try this ziti with pesto recipe. This spicy meal has what it takes to become a staple in your household.
How To Make Satisfying Italian Ziti With Pesto
Italian Ziti blanket by a rich pesto sauce that will take you on an Italian cuisine adventure.
- 16 oz. ziti
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. capers drained, rinsed
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Transfer the mint, basil, parsley, garlic, capers, tomatoes, pepper, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 of the oil into a blender.
- Blend in short intervals until the mixture appears to be roughly chopped.
- When finished, add the remaining oil and blend for 1 minute, which is around how long it should take for the mixture to reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour the finished pesto into a large bowl. Prepare the ziti according to package directions until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain and then place the pasta inside of a separate large bowl.
- Add the pesto onto the pasta and toss until evenly coated.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1755IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2mg