A unique Portuguese dish you can easily make at home. There are several renditions pork recipes such as this, but this one sets the simplest. This is almost always served with fried potatoes, but you can try roasted or boiled potatoes as another approach.
How To Make Pork with Clams
- Combine pork, white wine, paprika, bay lead, hot sauce and garlic cloves in a bowl, mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- An hour will work but try to marinate the pork as long as possible.
- When you are ready to cook, drain the pork but reserve the marinade.
- Pat pork dry.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Remove the garlic and reserve.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and brown the pork pieces.
- Do not crowd the pan.
- Do this in several batches if necessary.
- It is important that the pork is dry otherwise it will not brown.
- I have made this mistake a few times.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic from marinade and salt and pepper.
- Saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until marinade is reduced by half.
- Add pork and clams, cover and cook until clams open, about 10 minutes.
- Discard any clams that do not open.
- Check for seasoning.
- The clams will release their juice which should add just enough salt to flavor the dish.
- Remove from pan, sprinkle with the cilantro and serve.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 48mg
- Calories: 372kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 859mg
- Protein: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 362mg
- Vitamin A: 1797IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pan-Fry & Skillet
A wine-infused cranberry sauce is a perfect pair for this hearty roast pork. The meat is cooked until tender and just oozes with flavor with every bite. A perfect dish for family dinners and small pot lucks.
You can never go wrong with this 3-ingredient dish. Packed with sweet and tangy flavors, our sweet and sour pork recipe is yours in a jiff!
Pan-Fry & Skillet