How To Make Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetables in the Slow Cooker
The base of this slow-cooked coconut curry is rich and creamy. It is then made heartier with some beans, sweet potato, bell peppers, and chicken breasts.
- 1½lbschicken breasts,boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2cupsfresh green beans,trimmed
- 1sweet potato,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1red bell pepper,cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½mediumonion,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1tbspfresh ginger,minced
- ¾cupchicken broth
- 2tbspcurry powder
- 2tspkosher salt
- 1tspground turmeric
- ½tspcayenne pepper
- 1cancoconut milk,(15 oz), full fat
- ¼cupcashew butter
- ½cupraw cashews,chopped, optional
- ¼cupfresh cilantro,chopped, optional
Combine chicken, green beans, sweet potato, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and ginger in a slow cooker.
Stir together chicken broth, curry powder, kosher salt, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Pour into slow cooker and stir into chicken and vegetables. Cover slow cooker.
Cook on Low for 6 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are fork tender.
Whisk together coconut milk and cashew butter in a bowl until all the lumps are gone. Add to slow cooker and continue cooking for 1 more hour. Garnish with chopped cashews and cilantro.
- Calories: 524.25kcal
- Fat: 36.89g
- Saturated Fat: 18.51g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.28g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.41g
- Carbohydrates: 20.69g
- Fiber: 4.10g
- Sugar: 4.51g
- Protein: 31.63g
- Cholesterol: 73.47mg
- Sodium: 759.56mg
- Calcium: 76.37mg
- Potassium: 828.19mg
- Iron: 6.10mg
- Vitamin A: 229.55µg
- Vitamin C: 32.27mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!