If you’re struggling to find a Lent-friendly dish in one skillet, try this simple fish recipe! Flaky cod and penne noodles are the key to this delicious cheesy meal.
How To Make Cod Noodle Casserole
Fresh cod meat pan-seared in reduced white wine before baked with al dente penne noodles.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the onions while stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Put in the wine and increase the heat to high.
- Cook until the wine is reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Put the cod on top of the onions and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the noodles and arrange them around the fish.
- Cover the pan and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Top the mixture with cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Once the fish is opaque and cheese is melted, serve the dish.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 399mg
- Calories: 693kcal
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1040mg
- Protein: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 795mg
- Vitamin A: 400IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!