The salmon here is baked in a generous quantity of flavored milk.
How To Make Salmon Baked in Milk with Bay Leaf and Onion
- 1 lb salmon fillets, or thick steaks (1 in. or more)
- light cream (optional)
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 clove
- 2 slices of onion
- dried thyme, pin.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place salmon in an un-oiled baking dish. Add milk to depth of ¼ in. or slightly more. Enrich with some cream, if desired.
- To the milk add the bay leaf, clove, onion, and thyme. Sprinkle the top of the salmon with dill.
- Bake the fish until tender, 30 to 45 minutes, 130 degrees F. on the instant dial thermometer. Baste from time to time.