You don’t have to live in Indiana to enjoy this chicken masterpiece. For this bourbon chicken recipe, we marinate the chicken in a savory sauce infused with a bit of bourbon before baking it. The liquor gives it a distinct taste while the wine brings out the flavors of the marinade and the chicken.
How To Make Indiana Bourbon Chicken
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and wine in a small mixing bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken in a large plastic storage bag and pour marinade over it.
- Close tightly with a twist tie or a zip seal and turn bag over and over so all pieces are covered.
Place in a large bowl in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or preferably longer (even overnight), turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken pieces, skin-side-up, in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices, until chicken is just cooked through.
- Remove to a warm serving platter.
- Scrape any pan juices and browned bits from bottom of pan into a non-reactive small saucepan and stir in wine or sherry.
- Heat through and drizzle over chicken.
- Sugar: 14g
- Calcium: 17mg
- Calories: 438kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 80mg
- Protein: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 1625mg
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Cajun-seasoned Chicken and shrimp are marinated to soulful perfection in this copycat Bourbon Street Chicken & Shrimp Recipe. This Applebee’s menu favorite shows off the South’s flavorful, bayou-style cooking!
This bourbon street chicken has the perfect blend of earthy, sweet, and savory flavors from our brown sugar bourbon sauce. Baked to perfection, this mouth-watering combination will give you juicy and savory chicken!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Breads & Doughs
BBQ & Grilled
Pan-Fry & Skillet