Something about baked cheese on mushrooms makes for a delicious combination. This cheese stuffed mushrooms recipe is a delicious vegetarian meal or appetizer for anyone. If you like, you can choose to add meat or veggies to the mix too!
How To Make Grand Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lb mushrooms, very large, washed and stems removed
- 1 part fresh bread crumbs, as desired/needed
- 1 part parmesan, freshly grated, as desired/needed
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
For Stuffing Mixture:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 splash chablis
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Chop mushroom stems and sauté in 1 tbsp butter with Chablis and minced garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, chopped parsley, dill weed and ½ cup butter.
- Drain sautéed mushroom stems and add to cheese mixture with sour cream.
Making the stuffed mushrooms
- Fill caps with cheese stuffing mixture.
- Sprinkle with a topping of half bread crumbs and half grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees until hot and golden brown, for about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 157mg
- Calories: 704kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Cholesterol: 201mg
- Fat: 68g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 949mg
- Protein: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 40g
- Sodium: 401mg
- Vitamin A: 3042IU
- Vitamin C: 15mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!