How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Made with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, oats, and more, these light, tasty, and healthy naturally-sweetened pumpkin muffins will be your new favorite!
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. If necessary, grease all 12 cups of the muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat the oil and maple syrup (or honey) together with a whisk. Add the eggs, and beat well.
Add the pumpkin purée, milk, pumpkin spice blend, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt.
Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined (a few lumps are ok). If desired, add any additional mix-ins like nuts, chocolate, or dried fruit, and fold them in now.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with about 1 tablespoon of oats, followed by a light sprinkle of raw sugar and/or pumpkin spice blend, if desired.
Bake muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. These muffins are delicate until they cool down. You might need to run a butter knife along the outer edge of the muffins to loosen them from the pan.
- These muffins taste even better after they have rested for a couple of hours. They can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They can also be kept well in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months (just defrost individual muffins as needed).
- To make it egg-free, use flax eggs.
- To make it vegan, use maple syrup, flax eggs, and non-dairy milk.
- To make it dairy-free, simply use your non-dairy milk of choice.
- To make it oat-free, simply omit the oats. No other changes are necessary.
- To make it lower in fat, you can replace the oil with applesauce if you’re following a low-fat diet. Choosing olive oil instead of coconut oil will reduce the saturated fat content. The total fat content will remain the same.
- Calories: 178.24kcal
- Fat: 7.59g
- Saturated Fat: 5.71g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.76g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.52g
- Carbohydrates: 25.59g
- Fiber: 2.72g
- Sugar: 9.55g
- Protein: 3.92g
- Cholesterol: 27.17mg
- Sodium: 169.96mg
- Calcium: 37.86mg
- Potassium: 161.04mg
- Iron: 1.22mg
- Vitamin A: 172.68µg
- Vitamin C: 0.92mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!