Banana splits are just perfect to cool off on a hot summer day. This time, have all the flavors come together in our banana split ice cream recipe. You get the taste of smooth vanilla, luscious chocolate, and sweet strawberry in a tempting dessert.
How To Make Banana Split Ice Cream
An ice cream flavor that combines the delightful taste of a banana split sundae.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, flour, salt, milk, and evaporated milk.
- Cook, stirring, until bubbles form at edges and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour a small amount of hot milk into the beaten eggs, stirring to combine.
- Then remove milk mixture from heat and stir the eggs into the milk until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla, chocolate milk, strawberries, bananas, and pineapple with its juice.
- Pour into the freezer canister of an ice cream maker, adding milk as needed to bring to fill line.
- Chill in refrigerator until quite cold, then freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Sugar: 37g
- Calcium: 184mg
- Calories: 249kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 362mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Vitamin A: 276IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Pies & Pastries
When you combine the creaminess of a banana split and the crusty and filling texture of a pie, you have yourself a sweet treat that's perfect to end a full-course meal.
Make the best, the chewiest, and the most delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies ever! Butter and sugar creamed together ensures a moist batch while semi-sweet chocolate chips infuses the chocolatey goodness we all love!