How To Make Glazed Chocolate Donut Holes
Grab a bite of these soft and warm chocolate donut holes, baked till’ golden brown, and coated in a sweet sugar glaze, for a delectable afternoon snack!
For Donut Holes:
- 2cupswhite whole wheat flour,spooned and leveled *
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- ½cupunsweetened cocoa powder
- 1tspbaking powder
- 1tspbaking soda
- 2large eggs,room temperature, beaten
- ¾cupmilk,room temperature
- ¼cupGreek yogurt,or regular, plain or vanilla, nonfat or low fat
- 2tsppure vanilla extract
- 3tbspunsalted butter,melted
- 1¾cupsconfectioners’ sugar
- ¼cupheavy cream
- 1tsppure vanilla extract
- 1tsplemon juice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Sift the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder together in a large bowl. Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the beaten eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Whisk in the melted butter until combined.
Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Careful not to overmix. Mix the two together only until no flour pockets remain. **
Spoon the batter into the mini muffin tins, only about ¾ of the way full.
Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake them.
Allow the donuts to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 more minutes before glazing.
Sift the confectioners’ sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth and combined.
Add more confectioners’ sugar to make it thicker, if desired, and add more cream to make it thinner, if desired. Dunk each slightly warm donut hole into the glaze using a fork or fingers.
Place on a wire rack on top of a large baking sheet to let the glaze drip down. Repeat dunking two to three more times for a thick glaze coating.
Serve, and enjoy!
- * Or half all-purpose plus half whole wheat, or all-purpose flour.
- ** Over-handling this batter will make the donut holes dense and tough.
- Donut holes taste best served on the same day. Store extras in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Calories: 93.69kcal
- Fat: 2.44g
- Saturated Fat: 1.36g
- Trans Fat: 0.04g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.64g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.20g
- Carbohydrates: 17.33g
- Fiber: 1.16g
- Sugar: 11.73g
- Protein: 1.81g
- Cholesterol: 15.92mg
- Sodium: 69.61mg
- Calcium: 23.37mg
- Potassium: 55.37mg
- Iron: 0.48mg
- Vitamin A: 21.67µg
- Vitamin C: 0.06mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!