How To Make Balushahi (Badusha) Glazed Indian Dougnuts
Fry up this balushahi (badusha) recipe for some sweet Indian doughnuts. Fluffy and crispy balls deep fried and rolled in sugar syrup and topped with cashews for a decadent dessert everyone will love.
- In a small pot, add water, sugar, saffron, and cardamom powder. Stir to combine.
- Set flame to low medium. Bring mixture to a boil and stir to prevent burning. Keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, add maida, sugar, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add ghee and crumble the mixture. Add curd and combine. Pour and mix in water to start making dough. Do not knead. Cover with a moist cloth and rest for 15 minutes.
- Slightly knead dough. Pinch off a small portion and make a ball. Make a dent at the center of the ball with a thumb.
- Heat oil for deep frying on low flame in a pot. Deep fry dough until balls turn crisp and golden brown.
- Drop doughnuts in warm sugar syrup and roll around to get an even coating. Soak for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cashews and serve.
- Sugar: 62g
- Calcium: 754mg
- Calories: 5948kcal
- Carbohydrates: 101g
- Cholesterol: 1613mg
- Fat: 628g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 181g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 24g
- Potassium: 55mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 390g
- Sodium: 1323mg
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!