How To Make Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
These cinnamon sugar donuts bursts with sweetness and cinnamon spice, then baked until golden brown, for a grease-free and tasty sweet treat!
- 1cupall-purpose flour,spooned and leveled
- 1tspbaking powder
- ¼tspbaking soda
- ¼tspground nutmeg
- 1large egg,at room temperature
- ⅓cuplight brown sugar,packed
- 2tbspunsalted butter,melted
- 1½tsppure vanilla extract
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1tspground cinnamon
- ½cupunsalted butter,melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Whisk the egg, brown sugar, milk, and yogurt together until smooth. Add the melted butter and vanilla, whisking until fully combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
Spoon the batter into the donut cavities using a large zipped-top bag. Cut a corner off the bottom of the bag, then pipe the batter into each donut cup, filling ⅔ to ¾ of the way full.
Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
Allow to cool for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack set on a large piece of parchment paper or on a large baking sheet.
Bake the remaining donut batter and once baked, transfer to the wire rack. Allow the donuts to cool down until they can be handled.
Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Dip the donuts in the melted butter, then them dunk into the cinnamon-sugar mixture, coating all sides.
Serve, and enjoy!
- For leftovers, keep them well covered tightly at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Freeze the donuts for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm up to preference in the microwave.
- Calories: 326.15kcal
- Fat: 15.66g
- Saturated Fat: 9.65g
- Trans Fat: 0.58g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.75g
- Carbohydrates: 44.29g
- Fiber: 0.70g
- Sugar: 31.74g
- Protein: 3.09g
- Cholesterol: 63.14mg
- Sodium: 204.64mg
- Calcium: 80.75mg
- Potassium: 63.62mg
- Iron: 1.01mg
- Vitamin A: 136.98µg
- Vitamin C: 0.06mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!