An easy and delicious any night dinner. It has become a staple for my husband and myself. Add grapes, melon and strawberries to the plate and it’s as beautiful as it is delicious and healthful.
How To Make Best Ever Omelette
- 1 cup egg substitute Egg Beaters works well
- 1 ½ cup fresh spinach roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cheese low fat, shredded
- ¼ cup tomato chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 1 tsp. butter
- pepper to taste
- fat free sour cream optional, for garnish
- non stick cooking spray
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with spray.
- Add butter.
- Over med/low heat, saute 1/2 of the onion for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of spinach and saute until wilted.
- Pour in 1/2 cup egg substitute, salt and pepper, and when the edges start to set, gently lift them to allow the uncooked eggs to flow under and set up.
- Put 1/2 the tomato and cheese in middle of egg mixture and gently fold in half.
- Let the omelette cook for about 1 minute or when cheese begins to melt.
- Place omelette on plate and cover with warm towel heated in microwave while you prepare the second omelette.
- Serve with a spoon of sour cream on the side.