These cheesy stuffed clams are a wonderful item to serve during the holidays or whenever you have a taste for something a little bit different. As an appetizer or sea
How To Make Cheesy Stuffed Clams
1 hr 40 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
- 10 large clams well rinsed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1 stick butter stored at room temperature
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp clam juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Boil the clams for about 10 minutes or until they open.
- Once the clams are boiled enough, remove them from the pot and discard any clams that haven't opened.
- Next, remove the clam meat and mince them finely.
- Break apart the clamshells at the hinge and rinse thoroughly. After that, select a dozen of the best-looking clams and refrigerate.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and saute the minced onions in butter.
- When the onions have softened, add in the garlic.
- Cook the onions for an additional minute and add the parsley, breadcrumbs, boiled clams, lemon juice, and clam juice.
- Stir everything until almost all liquid is absorbed and moistened. You may need to add some more juice as you stir.
- After stirring, lay the clamshells on a cookie sheet and fill them with the stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle the clams with cheese and bake them in the oven for approximately 25 minutes. For the clams to have a crispier top, broil them on high for a minute prior to removing them from the oven.
- Once your clams are ready, sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Afterward, serve them and enjoy!
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 948IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg
food main course, these are a hit!