A nice change of pace, side dish to meats, especially grilled meats. Lentils make this dish delicious despite the lack of meat. You can easily find the ingredients to this lentil recipe in your pantry or at a nearby store.
How To Make Honey Baked Lentils
Cook lentils in 2 ½ quarts of water in large saucepan about 30 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Measure lentils; there should be about 2 1/2 cups.
In 2 quart casserole dish, combine mustard, ginger, pepper and soy sauce.
- Add onions and cooked lentils.
- Cut bacon in 1 inch pieces.
- Stir half of bacon into lentils with remainder sprinkled over surface.
- Pour honey over all.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake for 1 hour in 350-degree oven.
- Uncover last 5 minutes to brown the bacon.
- Sugar: 19g
- Calcium: 19mg
- Calories: 219kcal
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 314mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 319mg
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!