A hot and spicy vegetarian version of classic chili. Named 5×5 because 5 kinds of peppers and 5 types of beans are used. For meat lovers feel free to add ground beef or turkey, sausage or pulled pork CAUTION wear gloves when dicing the hot peppers!
5×5 Veggie Chili Recipe
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cubanelle peppers diced
- 3 jalepeno peppers diced
- 2 habanero peppers diced
- 2 vidallia onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely diced
- 35 oz. whole plum tomatoes seeded and diced including liquid
- 1 Wick Fowlers 2 alarm chili kit
- 15 oz. pink beans
- 15 oz. black beans
- 15 oz. red kidney beans
- 15 oz. cannellini beans
- 15 oz. black eye pea
- 32 oz. fat free chicken broth
- water as needed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil for frying
- Fry together all diced peppers, onions and garlic until tender 5-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and liquids (broth and juice) and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put in 8-qt. stockpot.
- Add ingredients from frying pan to pot and simmer on low.
- Add Wick Fowlers Chili kit, following instructions on package.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!