This easy-to-make dish combines tender lentils with chopped-up cabbage plus other select veggies, herbs, and spices to create a hearty soup. All you need to do is give your crockpot time to cook up this vegetarian dish for tonight’s meal.
How To Make Slow Cooker Lentil and Cabbage Soup
This recipe is a good vegetarian soup. It's flavorful and savory and definitely healthy to the body.
- Place in a large slow cooker, in order, the carrots, onion, cabbage, garlic, lentils, and bay leaves.
- Sprinkle with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour broth over the entire soup mixture.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Scoop out bay leaves before serving.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 83mg
- Calories: 188kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 15g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 634mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 881mg
- Vitamin A: 2576IU
- Vitamin C: 49mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!