How To Make Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup with Spinach
This creamy tomato tortellini soup is the ultimate comfort food! Taste a rich tomato base with cheesy tortellini pasta and spinach. Healthy and filling!
- 2tbspolive oil
- 1onion,finely chopped
- 4large garlic cloves,minced
- 28oztomatoes,diced, or 6 fresh vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 2tspItalian dried herbs,or seasoning
- 1tspred chili flakes,(optional) adjust to suit your taste
- 4cupschicken stock
- 28oztomato puree,or Passata (1 jar)
- 3tbsptomato paste
- 1cupheavy cream,or half-and-half
- salt and pepper,to taste
- 18ozcheese tortellini,(2 packets) dried
- ½cupParmesan cheese,shredded
- 4cupsbaby spinach leaves,washed and dried
- ¼cupfresh basil,roughly torn or chopped
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft, then add garlic, and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add tomatoes, Italian herbs (or seasoning), and chili flakes if using.
Let tomatoes cook for about 5 minutes, until juices have released and mixed through the flavors in the pot.
Mix through chicken stock, tomato puree, and tomato paste.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Partially cover pot with a lid. Bring to a simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
Stir in the cream and tortellini, cook on medium-low for about 6 to 7 minutes, until tortellini is just cooked.
Add the parmesan cheese, spinach, and basil. Stir until wilted.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Calories: 638.12kcal
- Fat: 31.33g
- Saturated Fat: 15.52g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.27g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.17g
- Carbohydrates: 68.29g
- Fiber: 7.30g
- Sugar: 15.81g
- Protein: 25.36g
- Cholesterol: 103.29mg
- Sodium: 1415.03mg
- Calcium: 401.92mg
- Potassium: 1184.13mg
- Iron: 4.99mg
- Vitamin A: 340.07µg
- Vitamin C: 37.64mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!