Served in a pesto bread bowl, this basil egg salad is a gourmet presentation.
How To Make Zesty Egg Salad Bowl
Flavored with a zesty Italian salad, it makes a difference to this egg salad bowl recipe.
- Place eggs in large pan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 - 17 minutes.
- Place eggs in cold water.
- Peel when cooled.
- Cut top off round pesto loaf.
Make a bread bowl, leaving about ½ inch wall of bread. Cut 1 cup of the leftover bread into cubes and toast in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Dice eggs, tomato, and cucumber.
- Heat bacon in microwave until crisp and then chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl combine tomato, basil, eggs, cucumber, and bacon.
- Add salad dressing and toss lightly to mix.
- Just before serving, mix in toasted bread and transfer salad to the hollowed out pesto loaf.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 59mg
- Calories: 275kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Cholesterol: 192mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 165mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 771mg
- Vitamin A: 420IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!