How To Make Flavor-Packed Mexican Brown Rice
Love a good serving of healthy brown rice but find it too bland every time? This flavor-packed Mexican brown rice recipe will change that.
- 4cupscooked brown rice,if frozen, heated
- 1tspolive oil
- ½medium onion,finely diced
- 2medium plum tomatoes,small dice
- 1jalapeno,seeds and membrane removed, minced
- 2tbsptomato paste
- ¼tspsmoked paprika
- ¼tspcayenne pepper
- 1tspkosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 5lime wedges,for serving
- cilantro,chopped, optional
Heat the cooked rice. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
When hot, add the onions, tomatoes and jalapeno and sauté until just tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
Add the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
Stir to evenly coat the vegetables.
Add the cooked rice, stir, and cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
Serve with cilantro and lime wedges on the side.
- Calories: 205.39kcal
- Fat: 2.43g
- Saturated Fat: 0.42g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.19g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.63g
- Carbohydrates: 42.03g
- Fiber: 4.20g
- Sugar: 2.22g
- Protein: 4.57g
- Sodium: 432.11mg
- Calcium: 35.03mg
- Potassium: 311.12mg
- Iron: 1.46mg
- Vitamin A: 29.15µg
- Vitamin C: 12.41mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!