How To Make Tortellini with Pesto and Roasted Veggies
This delicious tortellini with pesto is enjoyed with roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini, and mushrooms. It’s served warm topped with Parmesan.
- 2mediumzucchini,ends trimmed, sliced into half moons
- 2mediumyellow squash,ends trimmed, sliced into half moons
- 1red bell pepper,diced into ¾-inch squares
- ½largered onion,diced into ¾-inch squares
- 8ozbutton mushrooms,sliced fairly thick
- 10.5ozgrape tomatoes,(1 pkg), or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbspolive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20ozthree cheese tortellini,(1 package), refrigerated
- 4cupsfresh spinach,(4 oz)
- ⅔cuphomemade pesto,or store bought
- Parmesan cheese,finely shredded, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion and mushrooms on a rimmed 18×13-inch baking sheet.
Drizzle veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then toss to evenly coat.
Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove. Add tomatoes and garlic and toss.
Roast for 10 minutes longer or until the veggies are tender, then remove. Add spinach and toss. Roast for 1 minute longer or until spinach has wilted.
While veggies are roasting cook tortellini according to directions listed on the package and drain.
Pour drained tortellini into a large bowl. Add in roasted veggies and pesto, season with salt and pepper to taste, then toss to evenly coat.
Serve warm, top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
- Calories: 247.30kcal
- Fat: 26.60g
- Saturated Fat: 5.43g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.33g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.76g
- Carbohydrates: 79.19g
- Fiber: 12.49g
- Sugar: 8.53g
- Protein: 19.67g
- Cholesterol: 78.31mg
- Sodium: 1117.17mg
- Calcium: 256.46mg
- Potassium: 1375.08mg
- Iron: 4.86mg
- Vitamin A: 178.56µg
- Vitamin C: 67.27mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!