How To Make Seafood Mac and Cheese
Delight your taste buds with a creamy bite of this seafood mac and cheese, packed with shrimp and crab meat, for a tummy-filling dish.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes or just until pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the melted butter to a medium bowl and toss with the panko bread crumbs.
Add diced onions and garlic to melted butter in a saucepan and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until softened, stirring constantly.
- Add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until thickened, whisking constantly.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and Old Bay Seasoning.
Remove saucepan from burner. Add cheeses and stir until smooth. Fold in macaroni, shrimp, and crab meat.
Transfer to an 11x7-inch casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top evenly with buttery panko bread crumb mixture.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bread crumb topping is golden brown and sauce is bubbling around the edges.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, for garnish if desired. Enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!