This delicious authentic Italian chicken Milano is great for any dinner. Serve this dish up with a glass of dry red wine and enjoy.
How To Make Italian Chicken Milano
An al dente fettuccini pasta coated in a creamy sauce with pan-fried chicken slices.
- Begin by heating a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes and ¾ cup of the chicken broth; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil; stirring.
- Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and sauté chicken.
- Press on chicken occasionally with a slotted spatula.
- Cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the meat feels springy and is no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to a board; cover and keep warm.
- Discard the fat from the skillet. In the same skillet, over medium heat, bring 1/4 cup chicken broth to a boil; stirring the pan juices.
- Reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 to 4 tbsp. of the sauce.
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 to 3 diagonal slices.
- Reheat the sauce gently if needed.
- Transfer the pasta to serving plates; top with chicken and coat with the cream sauce; serve.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 66mg
- Calories: 521kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Cholesterol: 189mg
- Fat: 31g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 456mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 308mg
- Vitamin A: 1107IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!