This healthy burger is full of protein, veggies, and flavor. The turkey is seasoned perfectly and cooked to perfection. Also, the asparagus adds a nice crunch and juiciness to the burger. Try this the next time you’re in the mood for a burger and you’ll be craving for more.
How To Make Juicy Burger With Crunchy Asparagus
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp. thyme
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp. parsley
- 6 stalks asparagus
- ⅓ cup fresh parmesan shredded
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, thyme, nutmeg, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with the asparagus.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake this for 20 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle them with the parmesan and continue to bake for another 3 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and lightly butter it.
- Roll the meat into patties and place them in the skillet.
- Heat each side for at least 4 minutes, until the outside is browned.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook the patties for an additional 15-20 minutes until the turkey is cooked through.
- In a small skillet fry your eggs.
- Assemble the burger and enjoy!