A cut-up chicken dredged in buttermilk and seasoned flour, then deep fried to perfection.
How To Make A Southern Fried Chicken
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 cup. buttermilk
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. steak sauce
- 1 chicken cut into pieces
- 2 cup oil for frying
- In a large shallow dish, mix together flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in buttermilk, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce. Dredge chicken in milk mixture, then in seasoned flour, alternating in each at least twice.
- Heat oil in a large, deep-sided skillet to 375 degrees.
- Cook chicken in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes each side.