How To Make Loaded Baked Potatoes
Loaded with cheese, sour cream, and more creamy goodness, these baked potatoes is a cheesy haven for anyone who searches for the perfect comfort food!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork. Coat the outside of each potato with olive oil and salt to taste.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for about 20 minutes.
Cut each potato into ½ lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving a ⅛-inch shell.
Combine the scooped potato with sour cream, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Mash until smooth.
Add desired add-ins and stir to combine. Spoon the filling into each potato skin and top with cheddar cheese.
Bake for 1 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Be sure to poke holes in the potatoes with a fork before baking. Otherwise, they could explode in the oven.
- These baked potatoes can be cooked in the microwave or air fryer if desired.
- Potatoes can be prepared and frozen before baking. To bake from frozen, cook at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- If using thin-skinned potatoes (red potatoes or Yukon gold), leave a thicker skin when scooping out the flesh.
- Calories: 559.72kcal
- Fat: 35.03g
- Saturated Fat: 17.30g
- Trans Fat: 0.66g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.59g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.97g
- Carbohydrates: 42.67g
- Fiber: 3.30g
- Sugar: 2.42g
- Protein: 20.35g
- Cholesterol: 81.86mg
- Sodium: 743.81mg
- Calcium: 397.36mg
- Potassium: 1052.74mg
- Iron: 2.39mg
- Vitamin A: 187.09µg
- Vitamin C: 15.08mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!