This oven fried chicken recipe makes a delicious and healthy meal for your family. It has a flavorful breading and most importantly, it’s diabetic-friendly so everyone can enjoy it!
Diabetic-Friendly Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 ⅓ cups Crispix cereal
- 2 ¼ cups bagel chips broken
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 24 oz. bone-in skinless chicken pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line baking sheet with foil and place cooking rack on top. Coat rack with cooking spray.
In a food processor, grind together cereal and bagel chips to fine crumbs.
Pour crumbs into a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Add in oil, salt, cayenne, paprika and ground pepper.
- Toss, shake and massage contents until everything is thoroughly mixed.
In a medium bowl, whisk light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
- One by one, add each chicken piece to mayonnaise mixture, turning to coat each piece evenly.
Drop chicken pieces into the plastic bag. Seal and shake the bag until each piece is evenly coated in crumbs.
Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared rack.
Bake chicken for 35-45 minutes, until the thickest part of each piece registers at 160 degrees and the crumb coating is crispy and brown.
Serve the chicken pieces hot and enjoy!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!