I love when a breakfast happens to be both delicious and easy to prepare. Enter my latest obsession: blueberry muffins with sour cream! Moonlighting as a dessert, blueberry muffins are just the thing when I’m craving something sweet and fruity early in the morning. These muffins, freckled with blueberries, are HEAVEN to blueberry-loving foodies such as myself!
Try making sour cream blueberry muffins from scratch—it’ll make your breakfast more delightful. Don’t worry, as my easy blueberry muffin recipe will guide you all the way!
I started with the streusel topping that’s made with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter. Refrigerate the topping while you make the batter. The ultimate trick is to add sour cream and lemon zest into the batter. The sour cream made my homemade blueberry muffins moist and fluffy. Lemon zest gives them a citrusy taste to compliment the sweet acidity of blueberries.
Blueberry muffins with sour cream are always more delicious fresh out of the oven. So, it’s high time you learn how to make these blueberry muffins at home. And I guarantee you: this is the best blueberry muffin recipe you can EVER find. Enjoy blueberry sour cream muffins alongside a cup of coffee (or tea) to start your day on the right note!
How To Make Blueberry-Sour Cream Muffins
These sour cream muffins are studded with juicy blueberries with hints of lemon. These muffins are bursting with sweet-tart flavors in each bite, making them perfect for breakfast and dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, all-purpose flour, butter, and cinnamon. Rub with fingers to form coarse crumbs.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Butter a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the 1½ cups of all-purpose flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg at medium speed using a handheld mixer until frothy.
- Then, add the sugar and melted butter and beat until pale yellow.
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until almost blended.
- In a bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour. Using a rubber spatula, fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups three-fourths full of batter and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries for this blueberry muffin recipe with sour cream.
- If using frozen blueberries, there’s no need to thaw them before adding to the batter.
- If you don’t have sour cream, you can add buttermilk to the batter instead.
- To make a cream cheese filling for your homemade blueberry muffins, just combine softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla.
- Calories: 210.49kcal
- Fat: 7.27g
- Saturated Fat: 4.19g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.89g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.44g
- Carbohydrates: 34.16g
- Fiber: 0.88g
- Sugar: 20.23g
- Protein: 2.81g
- Cholesterol: 33.10mg
- Sodium: 177.37mg
- Calcium: 91.57mg
- Potassium: 71.26mg
- Iron: 1.08mg
- Vitamin A: 65.09µg
- Vitamin C: 1.54mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!