How To Make Healthy Blueberry Muffins
These blueberry muffins are soft and moist on the inside and crisp and golden on the outside! They’re made with natural sweeteners for a healthier treat.
- 1¾cupswhite whole wheat flour,or regular whole wheat flour, plus 1 tsp
- 1tspbaking powder
- ½tspbaking soda
- ½tspfine sea salt
- ¼tspground cinnamon,optional
- ⅓cupcoconut oil,or extra-virgin olive oil, melted
- ½cuphoney,or maple syrup
- 2eggs,room temperature
- 1cupplain Greek yogurt
- 2tspvanilla extract
- 1cupblueberries,fresh or frozen
- 1tbspturbinado sugar,(raw sugar), for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. If necessary, grease all 12 cups on the muffin tin with butter, coconut oil or cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine 1¾ cups of the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix them together with a whisk.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey, then beat together with a whisk. Add the eggs, beat well, then add the yogurt and vanilla. Mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined or with a few lumps.
In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining 1 teaspoon flour. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with turbinado sugar.
Bake the muffins for 16 to 19 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. Run a butter knife along the outer edge of the muffins to loosen them from the pan, if needed.
Serve, and enjoy!
- Store leftover muffins, covered, at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze leftover muffins for up to 3 months.
- If the coconut oil solidifies in contact with cold ingredients, gently warm the mixture in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
- Calories: 199.34kcal
- Fat: 8.49g
- Saturated Fat: 6.33g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.67g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.47g
- Carbohydrates: 28.14g
- Fiber: 2.23g
- Sugar: 14.85g
- Protein: 5.10g
- Cholesterol: 29.85mg
- Sodium: 194.32mg
- Calcium: 56.58mg
- Potassium: 91.87mg
- Iron: 0.90mg
- Vitamin A: 11.84µg
- Vitamin C: 1.27mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!