With just a few ingredients, you can bake up your own batch of amazingly light and crisp macaron cookies at home. Enjoy the pastries on their own, or sandwich a dollop of your favorite frosting or jam between two of them.
How To Make Five-Ingredient Macarons Recipe
Take a nibble at this crisp and light five ingredient macaroni recipe. With only five ingredients you can make jewel like cookies with your favorite jams.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine powdered sugar, salt, and almond meal in a food processor.
- Pulse in 15 second bursts until very fine, being careful to avoid pulsing too much as it will release the oils from the almond meal and make it clump.
- Once very fine, sift your almond mixture and set it aside.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, use an electric mixer set to medium speed to beat the egg whites until bubbles start to form.
- Increase speed to high and gradually add the granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the almond flour mixture into the egg whites until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon meringue into a large piping bag with a round tip or your choice of the nozzle.
- Pipe roughly 1½ inch wide disks inches apart from each other. Set these aside, fully exposed at room temperature, for at least an hour until their glossy shine is gone and a dry surface coats all meringues. You should be able to brush a finger on it without leaving any fingerprints.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F while waiting for your meringue to dry out.
- Bake for about 17 to 19 minutes. You should see 'feet' rising upward, which is a good sign. Bake until macarons are firm and their surfaces have dried.
- Let cookies cool completely while on the baking sheet for at least 30 minutes before peeling them off the parchment paper.
- To complete, spread a filling of your choice, roughly 1 tablespoon of filling per assembled macaron, then cover it like a sandwich. Keep your macarons chilled until ready to serve.
- Sugar: 116g
- Calcium: 157mg
- Calories: 900kcal
- Carbohydrates: 131g
- Fat: 37g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 98mg
- Protein: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 221mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these pineapple macarons for delightful baked goodies. They're filled with pineapple buttercream and jam!
Pies & Pastries
Breads & Doughs
This copycat Bob Evans mac and cheese dish made extra cheesy and creamy with whole milk and shredded cheese will certainly win children's hearts.
Pies & Pastries