Creamy rich strawberry version of an old Italian favorite dessert. Wonderful for any occasion!
How To Make Rich Strawberry Tiramisu
Prep: 35 mins
Cook: 1 hr
Total: 1 hr 35 mins
- 3 cup fresh strawberries, washed, diced
- 1/4 cup granualted sugar , or Splenda
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 oz ladyfingers
- 6 ramekins , or custard cups
For Decorations And Garnishes:
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar , or Splenda
- 1/4 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- powdered sugar
- whole strawberries, washed and dried
- Pirouline French Vanilla Pirouette Cookies , or plain vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, coat berries in sugar and stir in the hot water. Let sit 10 minutes or until berries soften.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer, whip cream until stiff peaks form; reserve.
- In another bowl, with a mixer set on medium speed, combine the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add the cheese mixture to the berries and mix gently with a spoon. Fold in whipped cream.
- Heat honey in a microwave-safe cup for 10-15 seconds until warm and a thin consistency.
- Create a second layer of ladyfingers and honey drizzled. (warm honey again if needed to keep thin). Spoon more of the strawberry filling to the top edge. Make sure you have at least 2 complete layers for each ramekin.
- At high speed, whip cream, vanilla and granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread a layer of cream over the tiramisu until completely covered.
- Heat the strawgberry topping in a microwave-safe bowl 5-10 seconds. Spoon small amounts on top of the whiopped cream layer in random locations.
- Using a knife, lightly score the top in a swirl pattern to move the topping for a design. Cover each with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, dust each dessert plate with powdered sugar. Place a tiramisu in the middle and garnish with strawberry preserves and mint leaves, as desired. Serve with cookies.
- Sugar: 48g
- Calcium: 97mg
- Calories: 584kcal
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Cholesterol: 123mg
- Fat: 34g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 166mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Vitamin A: 1200IU
- Vitamin C: 42mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!