This mini dessert recipe is one you’ll want to make more than once. Cake pops are a wonderful trend that invites everyone to play with their creativity in the kitchen. The mixture of white and milk chocolate makes for the perfect marble glaze.
How To Make Homemade Marble Cake Pops
- Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk sugar and eggs until light and aerated.
- Stir in melted chocolate, vegetable oil and buttermilk and whisk until combined.
- In three additions, pour wet mixture into dry mixture, whisking well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool and then crumble into a bowl.
- Stir in frosting until well mixed.
- Refrigerate mixture 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cake mixture from refrigerator and form into 1 1/2 inch balls, setting each on baking sheet.
- You should have 12 cake balls.
- Pierce the top of each with a lollipop stick and refrigerate another 15 minutes.
- While cake balls chill, melt white and dark chocolate in a double boiler, stirring gently until smooth.
- Dip each cake ball in swirled melted white and dark chocolate mix and allow excess to drip off.
- Let set a few minutes before dipping in sprinkles or other toppings and serve.
- Makes 4 servings
- Sugar: 51g
- Calcium: 95mg
- Calories: 611kcal
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Fat: 37g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 269mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 371mg
- Vitamin A: 112IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!